1. Complete a 365 Project.
Well I'm still working on this one. Because of crochet school, I took a break on the 365 project but it's going strong once again. If you're new to the blog and you like granny squares, you might enjoy my 365 project A Granny A Day. I have resumed working on it and I'm on 259/365. See them all at once here.
2. Adopt another dog or donate to a local shelter. - We obtained Dash from a friend of the family, but we also gave to our local shelter. Even though we got Dash at a less than optimal time, I was ready for a new dog. And Dash is the best. He's sweet, energetic, super cuddly, and makes us laugh every day.
3. Buy a pink wig just for fun.
4. Find the perfect peanut butter frosting recipe.
5. Learn something new.
I learned this awesome technique for crocheting without a foundation chain and it has changed my life!
6. Make a full sized afghan.
I made a few:
7.Knit Sheldon a pair of socks.
Yeah... I should have known this one wouldn't happen. I haven't picked up sock needles in 3 years and don't intend to for a little while longer. Poor sheldon may never know the greatness that is hand-knit socks.
8. Finish the sweater I started for John 3 years ago.
Let's just say this sweater is probably going to have to be morphed into some other item. See John, I'm being nice and not telling everyone said sweater might not fit you anymore ;)
9. Purge our home/ garage.
This has been a work in progress all year. However we still have TOO MUCH stuff. I'm at the point that we either get rid of everything, or buy another house and just leave everything in the old one. The garage is the real challenge for us. No one wants to spend a lot of time in a stinky, dusty garage. This year we are going to split the garage into quadrants and work like that.
10. Make Julia's Boeuf Bourguingnon.
Making this tomorrow for my birthday party!!!
11. Get my Bella Tattoo.
This is even more important now that Bella is no longer with us, but I keep changing the design that I want. It will happen sometime. I have a new design involving her Bella plant that I think I will be going with instead. I haven't been tattooed in over a year and a half now and I think I have almost forgotten how bad it hurts and am ready to get another :)
12. Make cake pops.
I made them. I have photographic evidence somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment. FYI I hated making them and probably never will again.
13. Carry my camera every day (after getting a case)
I carried it more this year, but I never got that case I wanted, so maybe this year... I have embraced my iPhone camera more which could be a bad thing.
14. Paint the dining room.
Paint is bought! But we're lazy haha.
15. Acquire and scan old family photos.
Happening slowly. I do have all my old albums but that's about as far as that project has gotten.
16. Make a wedding album.
I started it... But I still have lots of work to do here too.
17. Build a fence for our backyard.
We're still on the fence about this one (no pun intended). We're not sure if we really want to invest any more money into this property. We really want to move!
18. Finish the coat I started last year.
19. Have our first garage sale.
We just donated a bunch to Goodwill this year. Garage sales take so much effort and usually have little return.
20. Make a new dress for everyday wear.
I bought about 20 patterns this year and I even bought all the fabric and notions for one dress. Do we see a pattern here? I'm really great at planning for project but not always great at following through mainly because of my time constraints! That's something to work on for this year.
21. Try the Mac & Cheese at Sage
22. Have a kick a** booth at Deluxe!
23. Create a new pattern to sell (knit, crochet, or embroidery)
Crochet School was free but I think it fits this goal nicely. And I am still working on the pattern book which will be for sale and will include about 7-9 patterns!
24. Start looking through clothing more often when thrifting.
These are the only photos I have, but I have bought sooo many clothes this year at the thrift store. Some fit me, some don't. I probably have enough to open a vintage online store soon. I even have quite the collection of amazing baby clothes that I've been saving back for our one day baby.
25. Celebrate our anniversary in a tree house.
26. Go to the Great American Beer Festival.
We didn't make it to the Great American Beer Festival this year, but we did go on a huge pub crawl in Denver for our friend's 40th birthday. I think this counts ;)
27. Pay off my car and get the big tune up it needs.
Done and Done! Betty will be with us until she won't run anymore. It is very nice not having a car payment!
28. Have a tea party with my nieces.
I'm really sad this one didn't happen. Mainly because I completely forgot about it being a goal. I'm definitely going to post my list somewhere more visible this year so I can remember more of my goals throughout the year.
29. Design my tattoo sleeve ideas.
They are getting there. No photos because I don't post ideas for tattoos. I only post photos after I get them.
So the year is over. I turn 29 tomorrow. I have been thinking up my list of 30 before 30 and I think this year will be very exciting indeed! Since this was really my first time doing such a list I don't think I took it as seriously as I could have. I do them for fun, but these are really things I want to accomplish so I should take it more seriously. So maybe I can really accomplish all 30 goals this year!