So if you read this by actually visiting the blog, you may notice a few little changes to the blog design. 8 little changes to be exact...
A few months ago, I really wanted to clean up the left sidebar by using icons. After not finding anything crafty enough for me on icon finder, I decided to make my own. Thus the idea of embroidered icons was born. This required a lot of planning -- more than I usually put in to an embroidered piece.
The weekend that we went to Texas to see Harry Potter 7.2 I sat down early in the morning and transferred my pattern and painted in the design with watercolors. I shared a little peek of it through instagram. This was my first time doing this technique. Some people color it after stitching, but I didn't want to ruin an already stitched piece, so this worked out for me.
The embroidery part was the easiest. I got all of the stitching done while we were waiting in line for Harry.
After photographing all of the squares I edited them in Photoshop and created the icons. This was a fun process and I am very happy to have a cleaner blog design. I learned quite a few new skills from this process and learned what I would do differently if I had to do this process again.
I have some other changes to make to the blog design, but I'll just take it one project at a time.
See, I still craft sometimes. The Granny a Day project hasn't taken over my whole life just yet ;)