Now that that is over, I have some knitting to share with you. The rest of the things I've been working on are crochet so I've lumped my knitting together. It takes so much longer to knit than to crochet so I have fewer of them.
First, my version of the lace-up opera gloves found here. This is actually my own design. My first ever! I got the idea from Ysolda's pattern, and even tried to make them, but it didn't work out for me. I have fat arms and I wanted them to have a lace pattern. So I worked on these for about 3 weeks and almost pulled my hair out from shaping within the lace pattern I was using. I'm very happy with the results although I wish I would have used better yarn. Caron Simply soft in black never looks good after some wear. I'm going to remake them in microfiber yarn. I can't wait for it to get colder.
Next is Molly's headband from the Interweave knits free online patterns. I made two of these last weekend while I was in bed being ill. They were a quick knit. The white one follows the pattern with the i-cord tie. I don't like tying things so I made the pink one with a little band at the bottom instead. I love these but my hair is too big for them to actually look good on me.